WHITE OAK PAIN CLINIC
To help you do more with your life, with fewer pain medications
Welcome to White Oak Pain Clinic. We are physicians with a special focus in injections for treatment of soft-tissue musculoskeletal pain. We have experience treating pain from head to toe and have helped many patients return to work and activities.
Conveniently located in the Metrotown area in Burnaby, BC
Short wait-list with experienced physicians
We have opened as of February 13, 2023! The current wait for a consultation and treatment is 1-2 weeks.
We Understand Pain
Pain is an invisible illness that can be hard for others to believe. Our doctors have treated thousands of people with acute and chronic pain. We understand the profound impact that pain can have on your life.
If you are suffering from chronic or acute pain that is preventing you from doing your normal activities, injection treatments can significantly reduce your pain, or sometimes cure your pain.
Many of our patients improve even after they have done extensive physiotherapy, IMS, acupuncture, massage therapy, or chiropractic treatments.
We treat pain from the following causes: muscles, myofascial, nerves, ligaments, and tendons. The most common type of injection we perform is trigger point injections, which is fully covered under MSP.
Our injections are performed under real-time ultrasound guidance when required.
Our Pain Management Injections
Trigger point injections, nerve blocks, and fascia hydrodissection are covered under MSP. They make up about 90% of our injections. We always try to solve your problem with MSP-covered services first.
Regenerative therapies such as PRP and prolotherapy are not covered under MSP. Your doctor will provide you with a quote of the cost after we assess the complexity of your case.
We have a steroid-sparing approach because repeated injections of cortisone steroid can have long-term side effects. Instead, we treat the underlying muscle imbalances that have caused your pain in the first place.
We do this using a combination of trigger point injections and rehabilitation exercises.
Only 1 in 100 of our treatments include injection of cortisone steroids.
Conditions We Treat With Steroids
- True frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
- SI joint pain in patients with inflammatory/autoimmune disorders
Conditions We Treat
- Muscle pain of the neck
- Whiplash injury
- Tension headaches
- Migraine headaches
- TMJ disorder
- Occipital neuralgia
- Muscle pain of the shoulder or arm
- Rotator cuff tears and tendinosis
- Frozen shoulder
- Scapula dyskinesis
- Tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow
- De Quervain’s tenosynovitis
- Muscular low back and upper back pain
- SI joint pain
- Chest wall pain
- Abdominal and pelvic pain of muscular origin
- Tail bone (coccyx) pain
- Muscle pain of the hip, knee, and leg
- Greater trochanteric pain syndrome
- Piriformis syndrome
- Patellofemoral syndrome
- IT band syndrome
- Chronic MCL or LCL sprains/tears
- Snapping hip syndrome
- Muscle pain of the lower leg
- Calf cramps
- Achilles tendonitis
- Plantar fasciitis
- Chronic ankle sprains
- Tendonitis of any other foot/ankle structures
- Ehler-Danlos Syndrome and hypermobility spectrum disorder
- Soft-tissue or scar pain due to previous surgery
- Pain management for osteoarthritis while awaiting surgery
- Adjunct therapy to post-operative rehabilitation
- Maintenance pain management for incurable chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, and more
104 – 3965 Kingsway
Burnaby, BC V5H 1Y8
Need additional assistance? Please contact us:
Phone: (604) 630-2411
Fax: (604) 461-3999
Mondays: 9am to 5pm
Tuesdays: 9am to 4:30pm
Wednesdays: 9:30am to 4:30pm
Thursdays: 10am to 5:30pm
Fridays: 9am to 4:30pm
Saturdays: 9am to 4:30pm